We are the coordinating group behind Non Una Di Meno Milano, a network of individuals and associations who have decided to work together to combat the different forms of violence against women.
This journey started in the summer of 2016 when a young woman was burned and killed in Rome by her ex boyfriend. After yet another terrible episode we have decided to say no to all forms of violence against women, whether it be the violence that we suffer at home or that at the hands of official Institutions.
Last 26th November 200,000 of us demonstrated in Rome and from that moment we have been carrying on a battle to say:
- we want equal rights
- we want laws that protect and safeguard us
- we want to work, have a decent job and not be discriminated against
- we want to have the freedom to move around or to stay
- we want everyone to have a residence permit and access to Italian nationality, health care and education
- we want to repeat that there is no fighting violence against women without fighting against racism.
So on March 8th, International Women’s Day, we have decided to stand up and demonstrate our fight with a global strike in more than 30 countries all over the world. If our lives aren’t worth anything, then we’re going to stop for a day!
In Milan we will be meeting up at 18.00 in the square in front of the Lombardy Region building (the Pirellone, via Fabio Filzi 22, MM2/MM3 CENTRALE FS) to demand our rights.
We’ll be waiting for you!